Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My High school Experience

Going to school in the Oakland Hills was an amazing experience, if I  was writing this post four years ago I would have said only because of the scenery. My high school experience was a growing process. The environment was a mixture of things. Diversity was big at my school. The type of environments that all my peers came from were all different but alike in so many ways. Some people traveled from far out in the suburbs some people came from poverty neighborhoods and even some from the skyline hills. The school already had a reputation for being upscale. Going to school at Skyline was like going to the mountains and going camping for the day. It was in the middle of nowhere and up a huge hill, and the best part was there was no cell phone coverage, so you were really getting away. I had a lot of community support from some staff that I made a bond with. Teachers were great and some weren’t near my expected thought of my high school teacher. I met all the expectations for myself and even for the people who were being negative towards my high school experience. I graduated on time and was working part time. I feel like to this day I grew more than I ever  have as a person, I know I have many more years to come but I appreciate the process that high school offered to me, even with all the trauma incidents that occurs I still preserved and learned a lot from my high school community.

No comments:

Post a Comment